edukacja dla bezpieczeństwa
E-Resource GARDENING AND LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
According to the assumptions of the project, the materials that have been prepared for the e-resource are aimed at presenting typical professional situations in the context of the language of a given industry.
The range of professional tasks performed by modern gardeners includes:
1) performing works related to the establishment and maintenance of fruit and vegetable crops, spice plants, ornamental plants and edible mushrooms;
2) performing works related to harvesting, storage and sales of garden produce;
3) running and operating an agricultural tractor with a trailer (trailers).
The range of professional tasks performed by modern gardener technicians includes:
1) planning and performing works connected with setting up, caring for and harvesting of gardening cultivations, preparing them for sales, and the sales of gardening produce;
2) running and operating an agricultural tractor with a trailer (trailers);
3) planning and setting up green areas;
4) designing and creating plant decorations.
The range of professional tasks performed by modern landscape architecture technicians includes:
1) developing projects for green areas;
2) arranging and caring for green and afforestation areas;
3) arranging and maintaining small landscape architecture objects;
4) running and operating an agricultural tractor with a trailer (trailers).
The scope of professional tasks is in line with what the student will learn at vocational school.
These educational materials in English contain vocabulary specific to the profession of a gardener, gardener technician and landscape architecture technician.
Knowledge of a foreign language is becoming increasingly important in professional work. It enables graduates to read industry press, participate in foreign training courses, undertake work or cooperate with foreign entities. The employees themselves, who can be employed in EU countries at any time as a result of the opening of labor markets, are also interested in raising their linguistic competence.
To meet these expectations, we provide the teachers and students of Polish vocational schools with e-resources for learning the professional language of the profession of a gardener, gardener technician and landscape architecture technician.
Among the prepared materials you can find, among others films, animations, hypertexts that introduce material, and didactic games and resources which check the level of content acquisition (mainly exercises).
The materials complement each other which allows for the acquisition of the terminology of a given field in a foreign language at the A2/B1 level.
We encourage everyone to use them!