edukacja dla bezpieczeństwa
According to the assumptions of the project, the materials that have been prepared for the e-resource are aimed at presenting typical professional situations in the context of the language of a given industry.
The range of professional tasks performed by modern forestry technicians includes:
1) organizing and supervising works related to forest propagation;
2) organizing works related to the protection of forest resources;
3) conducting measurement and inventory works in tree stands;
4) carrying out works related to obtaining wood raw material and by-products;
5) organizing works related to hunting and recreational management of the forest;
6) driving and operating a tractor with a trailer (trailers).
The range of professional tasks performed by modern forest machinery operators includes:
1) obtaining wood raw material and other forest products;
2) performing treatments used in forest management;
3) driving and operating a tractor together with attachments and hanging attachments;
4) operating and performing maintenance of machinery and equipment used for forestry works.
The scope of professional tasks is in line with what the student will learn at the vocational school preparing them to perform the given professions.
These educational materials in English contain vocabulary specific to the profession of a forestry technician and forest machinery operator.
Knowledge of a foreign language is becoming increasingly important in professional work. It enables graduates to read industry press, participate in foreign training courses, undertake work or cooperate with foreign entities. The employees themselves are also interested in raising their linguistic competence, which will allow them to be employed in EU countries at any time as a result of the opening of labor markets.
To meet these expectations, we provide teachers and students of Polish vocational schools with e-resources for learning the professional language of the profession of a forestry technician and forest machinery operator.
Among the prepared materials you can find, among others films, animations, hypertexts that introduce material, and didactic games and resources which check the level of content acquisition (mainly exercises).
The materials complement each other which allows for the acquisition of the terminology of a given field in a foreign language at the A2/B1 level.
We encourage everyone to use them!